Monday, August 18, 2008

gluten free meeting update

i had my second attempt at starting a celiac disease support group tonight, and it went very well.
in attendance was a presenter from the hospital, the county wide nutritional director for the school system, the nurse from lacee's elem school, my mom, lacee, 2 other people with celiac, and a new and dear friend of mine (there for moral support for me as well as education for herself).
i feel everyone learned alot and went away feeling more knowlegeable than we were when we arrived.
my most exciting new piece of knowledge is that there is a pizza parlor in franklin tennessee (2 hrs away) that serves gluten free pizza!!!!!! lacee has not had pizza in 2 months. her doctor at vandy also has an office in franklin. this is the website for this restaurant: http://www.matteospizza.com/glutenfree/

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I am so glad your meeting went well. I wanted to come but we had to be in Corinth at the eye doc at 4:30. We did not get home until 7:30 or so.
Chase got contacts and Robert has got to have new glasses. $$$$$$$
It is great you have found a Pizza Place for Lacee. I would buy a couple extra and bring home and put in the freezer for her!!! Take Care