Saturday, December 13, 2008

its official

its official...i am not cool anymore.
i am not worthy of a girls night out - even to the local cinema.
not with lacee anyway.
no kidding, i just went in her room, where she was taking a late nap, and asked her if she wanted to go to the movies.
"huh?" she muttered.
"do you wanna go to the movies?"
"with who?"
"me"
"nah"
and that was that.
i knew this day was coming. honestly, it probably been here awhile. but goodness, i thought maybe just tonight we could go to the movies, just me and her.
it could be because she was asleep and just exhausted. (she is tired alot lately, i think something is missing from her diet)
i suppose i should be happy, that she is growing up and is a social child with friends her own age, not always wanting to be attached to mommy and daddy. and really, i am. but, that doesnt mean i am not sad that she turned me down.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Don't feel too bad. This too shall pass. I read this blog to my 17 year old son Chase and he said, "Mom do you want to go to the movies with me? I would love to go with you." So, there is hope. Just wait til she's married and has a baby. You will be talkin to her at least 3 times a day, if not more.LOL You are still cool, if in doubt, ask your Hubby!!!!