Monday, July 14, 2008

early mornings

i love the mornings. my bedroom is right off of the living room, and i love to lay in bed, listening to my kids play and talk. they think i am asleep, think they are all on their own. mark anthony and lacee seem to talk and get along so much better without me around. and tommy thinks he is just as big as they are. when i am in the room, someone wants to be held or petted. but when it is just them, they are like little big people. they work together, they play, they talk. they are just themselves. and i love it. i keep telling myself i need to hide a tape recorder in the room so that years from now i will still have this to listen to. its so sweet.
mark anthony tells lacee he loves her.
he helps tommy try to build train tracks.
she helps them work together.
he tells her please and thank you.
she doesnt get frustrated and fussy with him.
tommy laughs at the two of them.
its just a sweet, peaceful, innocent time. so i lay in my bed, and listen. yes, i do love my pillows and my comfy bed, thats just an added bonus. the sounds i enjoy why laying there "sleeping" are the sounds i cherish every day.

No comments: