Sunday, January 13, 2013

Getting better

This pic was taken Dec 1, 2012.  Lacee's first High School Dance.  Its called "Santa Switch"


Lacee was not yet back to school full time when this picture was made.  She completed the second quarter of her first semester of ninth grade at home, with a homebound teacher coming to the house twice a week for an hour. 
At our last visit with her new doctor, a cat scan was performed.  Dr Talac told us that Lacee either had a compression fracture or a blood vessel wrapped around her back.  I asked him how we would find out which one, he said it did not matter, we would treat it as a compression fracture. 
He wanted her to take aqua therapy, but we cannot find a place around here or a therapist trained to give her that.  The closest is an hour away.  I know that isn't far, and I am the first to say that no place is too far to go for our children.  However, with me not working, we simply cannot afford the gas to drive that far even once a week, never mind more.
I am thankful to report, tho, that Lacee is doing so much better.  She has returned to school (its been back in for one week) and has done amazing so far.  She is allowed to sit or stand in her classes depending on what she needs at any particular time. I am so proud for her to be able to attend school without being miserable. I continue to pray for her continued healing. 
I am certain that having our preacher and his wife pray over Lacee last month, and asking many others to pray for her, has played a huge role in her progress.



No comments: