Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Maternal Instincts

I read an article a couple hours ago about a mom who publicly admits she wished her children were never born. When I first read the title, I was afraid to read it (curiosity killed the cat tho, right) thinking it would be filled with this horrible statements of how she was mean to her kids, abused them, all sorts of things.  I was surprised to find quite the opposite. She says while she never felt the maternal instinct, she grew to love her children.  She still says her life would be happier without them, but then gives very practical and realistic advice such as putting the childrens needs above her own, and says every parent should. 
I am confused, honestly, on how I feel about this article and the woman that it is about.  I am sickened and appaulled that she would tell her children, her grandchildren, let alone the world that she regrets having them.  Yet I respect her for the things she did right for them.
I wonder about those children.  How must this reality affect them?  They are adults now, yet they and all the world will forever know that their mother did not and does not want them but she plays an active role in their lives. 
I just dont understand.
I do understand that not everyone wants to be a parent. But I dont understand purposely becoming one when you never wanted to in the first place. 
What are your thoughts on this?




http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2303588/The-mother-says-having-children-biggest-regret-life.html#ixzz2PuPJefdS

No comments: