Monday, March 2, 2009

thankful for a monday??

my status today is that i have come back to work to get some rest! this weekend was definately not the idealist refreshing relaxing 2 days we usually look forward to.
mark anthony woke up saturday morning with the stomach virus, as i posted earlier. then on top of his ruptured discs, mark took to the virus saturday night. sunday morning he looked more like a mummy that had just been unwrapped after 100's of years of storage in a tomb than the man i married. bless his heart.
by sunday evening, thankfully he was much better. i slept lightly last night, waiting for myself or lacee or tommy to start it, but so far we are all good. hopefully it was just a MARK thing, not a family thing.
this morning i am subbing at the high school. i am so greatful to have worked every day last week and have every day this week booked as well.
i am currently on my planning period, relaxing in the library with a 25cent latte listening to the highschools musical group..WIRED..perform. they are truly amazing...musicians, vocals...if you didnt see them and were only listening you would think there was professionals in the room! very impressive!!
yesterday the kids and i did get to play in a few inches of real snow....it was great...i'll post pics soon.
today starts the week of middle school cheerleading clinics with tryouts on friday. lacee is so excited to be trying out. i am a nervous wreck! i hope she makes it, but if she doesnt i hope she handles it well. this is the first year they have let upcoming 6th graders tryout, it has only been a 7-8 grade team for years.
mark goes to the back surgeon tomorrow. i am praying for relief and a plan to keep him well.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Thank you for helping out at our schools. I used to do that before we bought the UC franchise and Robert opened this office and give me a job.LOL I loved subbing. As for the group "Wired" Thank you, my son plays in that group and you are right, they are very good. I hope your clan all gets better and no one else gets sick! I am keeping Mark in my prayers too!!!

Unknown said...

thank you sandi!!

Amanda said...

Gretchen....while I was sleeping you started blogging again!!! YEAH!! I loved catching up:)

Unknown said...

haha amanda! i am a sneaky one!! dont blink!!
nah, i just do things in spurts.
but i am glad to hear you were getting some sleep!!!